Specializing in Adults with Complex Medical Needs
ANN-MARIE DYKSTRA, MA, CCC-SLP
Owner & Speech-Language Pathologist
Prior to receiving my Masters in Speech-Language Pathology in 2010 from San Diego State University, I had a 10 year career as a stunt performer for various theme parks around the world. Little did I know at the time how much all that training would assist my knowledge for what I do today. Training muscles when they are healthy vs repairing them when damage has occurred allowed me invaluable insight for my next career as a Medical Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP).
My first position after graduate school was with a major level two trauma center. There I was able to work with mentors and other professionals who had extensive backgrounds in the medical field. The skills and certifications I earned through the guidance of my more experienced colleagues provided a strong foundation for my work. My roll at the hospital involved performing extensive diagnostic procedures such as Modified Barium Swallow studies and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing, as well as carrying out medically complex treatment programs. I continue to learn to this day and am particularly fascinated with growing technology that is helping to make major advancements in our field to benefit diagnostic assessments and therapy programs.
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment® (LSVT®)
- Certified for utilization of NMES by Ampcare, Guardian Way and Vital Stim
- Certificate of Training for Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Licensed to work as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of Florida
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Master’s Degree, Speech-Language Pathology, San Diego State University
LEARN MORE ABOUT COBALT THERAPY IN THIS VIDEO BELOW
The Personal Care You Deserve, right in your home!
Please fill in the contact form below and we will call you to set up a Free Consultation to discuss your concerns and answer any questions you may have. You can also call (352) 508-7789 or email Ann-Marie at AM@CobaltTherapy.com with any questions, comments or scheduling inquiries you may have.